Friday, February 15, 2008

Peace Card 2001

This is the holiday card that my family and I sent out 3 months after 9/11/2001.
It may be a little hard to see in this photo as it is an accordion folded card.
The first panel was done by son Jack who was 12 at the time. He made 150 origami cranes. There is a note explaining that origami cranes are a symbol of peace in Japan.
I did the second panel. I found my original
~
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT
Merry Christmas from John & Yoko Lennon
~
page from The New York Times that I saved from Dec. 21, 1969.
We copied it, shrunk it and printed it.
The third panel was done by my other son Drew who had done an acrylic painting of Martin Luther King, Jr. that summer so that was a perfect fit.
The last section was done by my husband Tom. It is a very cozy, tranquil colored pencil drawing with the Peace 2002 message.

~
This is the card all folded ready for an envelope.
~
I sent one of these cards to Yoko Ono and months later she
replied with this card.

(click to enlarge)

No comments: