Friday, March 7, 2008

Two Portraits

Late one Saturday night when I was a youngster, I went out my front door to take a walk and as I did, I glanced back at the house. What I saw were 2 framed photos waiting for me to snap them. My mother and father were having a dinner party that night, she sitting at one end of the table and he at the other. There is a whole table and a few people between them, between the 2 windows.
.
.
I went back in to get my camera and snapped a bunch of photos on b & w 35mm film that I later developed and printed. The painting on the wall is one that my dad painted and the cabinet at the left is one that he designed & had built and I now have it in my house.
.
. This was one of those ah ha moments, unexplained, unpredicted, wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a neat picture.
It seems to say a lot. It looks like a intimate dinner. You would never know there are others in the room let alone at the same table.

Amanda Conley said...

This is a great photo! Thanks for the lemon squares recipe, too. I was needing a dessert recipe for stuff I already have in the fridge! Those are perfect.