Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bracelet/Fabric Swap

I don't often meet someone with the same name as me, but recently through Flickr I met Amy Schimler who not only has my name, but is an amazing artist as well! I asked her if she'd like to do a swap with me? - one of my bracelets for a few yards of the fabric that she designed.
Read the story and her blog & find out why I made her a bracelet that says "Kerflendable" on it here. And see more of Amy's wonderful work here.
.
These are the fabrics that I chose. Are they too cute, or what?
.
I made these aprons in anticipation of a visit from my niece, Elena. We always bake when she comes & I thought we needed some spiffy new aprons for our adventure into making something from Elena's new Honest Pretzels cookbook by Mollie Katzen of Moosewood fame.
.

We made the Giant Baked Pancake Puff (due to hunger, no photos exist) which was quickly renamed Puff the Magic Pancake!

.

2 comments:

Amy Schimler-Safford said...

You gals are looking pretty fabulous in your new aprons! That was a very fun swap. I wear my bracelet all of the time and love it.

Anonymous said...

Would you post the pancake recipe? Oh, the pictures of your parents was really fantastic. One of those brilliant and personal photo moments.